The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday December 12, 2010 at 23:50
kokomal
Long Time Member
December 2010
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable... I took the case of the top of the tuner to see the ir reciever/eye.. tried the ir emmitter from the sonance without the case on the tuner and the emitter directly in contact with the ir reciever on the tuner..... the case has a small hole cut out around the ir reciever... If the IR transmitter was not perfectly positioned over this hole, it did not work!!!! I am talking one inch over and out of business!!! unreal!

Also, I am not sure that I got the makehex codes to work (used sony 26.19 with respective command codes.. not sure if I was supposed to convert the 26.19 to combo device number via formula posted on sony IR site) ... I used the codes I learned in the RCA JP1 remote, then backed out with IR.exe..... all my other devices work with the emitter anywhere close to the front of the device.. not the sony!!! again, I think part of this is a sensitive ir reciever on the sony and in part the low signal from the IR emitters... no problem with any of the handheld remotes, even from a distance.... I also noticed during this process that the IR emitters can not be placed next to the IR widget to see what signal is coming out... not sure I completely understand.....

I ended up using 2 repeats in my macros.. I think the frequency ended up at 39.9.....I programmed pre+, pre- and power for now.....

thanks a bunch!! that was painful!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse