The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday December 12, 2010 at 10:14
kokomal
Long Time Member
December 2010
could it be that the IR reciever on the sony tuner is not sensitive enough to pick up the (presumed) weaker signal coming out of the IR transmitter from the sonance...

I ask this question because I tried to pick up the signal coming out of the IR transmitter from the sonance to the sony and was unable to pick it up (i.e. learn or capture it) with one of the learner remotes (I tried this last week before I had IR widget). I also tried the same thing on the IR transmitter from the sonance to my dennon cd player and the direct TV box and was unable to get a learned signal from any of these transmitters/eyes (however the dennon and direct TV box work so I know something is going through them).

Are these IR transmitter signals/eyes weaker than the handheld remotes?? Is there a way to boost the signal if needed???

I think the macro may work, but the tuner is not picking it up (i.e. less sensitive IR reciever in the sony)... (I also tried putting in a pause before and after the signal in the macro to make sure the signal was coming in clean)....

again.. I now have two learner remotes, both the logitech and the RCA JP1 which can control the tuner....
thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse