The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 6, 2010 at 21:12
Bishopsmike
Lurking Member
December 2010
Hi there. I've just picked up my first HDTV (RCA L40FHD41) even though we quit Rogers several months ago. Our TV is in the basement. Funny thing is that the few channels that were coming in fine with rabbit ears on our old tube TV (4, 6, 9, 13) now barely come in at all. So we've now got a nice TV that shows DVDs, that's about it.

I'd like to pick up 5 or 6 OTA channels, and sure, HD if possible.

I picked up a Nexxtech antenna (1501880) which helped somewhat, and then tried an RCA flat antenna (1518243) on the advice of someone at the store, which was almost worse. I've tried moving the TV & antennas to the 2nd floor just for kicks, and it was barely any better. 1 or 2 channels come in relatively clearly, and another 2 or 3 very fuzzy and unwatchable. Mostly french channels, nothing from northern US.

I thought that digital channels were either very clear, or not at all? It seems that the reception I'm getting is old (analog?) stuff. From my 2nd floor window, I can even see the radio/tv tower on Camp Fortune.

I've tried setting the TV input to "air" and "catv", no change in results. There doesn't seem to be any setting in the TV to switch the digital tuner on or off, so I'd think it should be working all the time, right? Why am I not getting any digital and/or HD channels?

Any advice would be very helpful, thanks so much!

Hosting Services by ipHouse