The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday November 27, 2010 at 11:57
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
I installed an antenna in Vineland on a 20 foot tower up on the escarpment and I didn't have a problem with WUTV...WGRZ on the otherhand...was directly south

NiagaraGinaG: what kind of antenna are you using? 4 bay, 8 bay, an older UHF/VHF/FM combo? I can point my rotary antenna south east and get all the Buffalo stations except WPXJ, but to get WUTV's signal strength to go up, I need to turn the antenna more to the east and for WGRZ, more to the south, but with a stationary antenna you CAN or SHOULD be able to get Buffalo (including WUTV and the very directional WNYO) it just takes some fine-tuning...like a satellite dish, but once you get evrything, tighten her down! and don't move it again.

Recently I stacked a traditional style UHF/VHF/FM antenna pointing towards Buffalo and above that, a Channel Master 8 Bay 4228 facing NNW to get Toronto and Hamilton, and I was very satisfied with the signal stregnth and the fact that ALL the channels were coming in.

I have even used a 35+ year old antenna for this configuration and it worked just as good.

I'm not crazy about how two 4228's look stacked, that's why I use a more traditional style antenna to point in Buffalo's direction, the yagi works good at getting Buffalo. Back in the 60's and 70's the 4228 (or a UHF antenna that looked like the 4228) was placed above a giant 13 foot VHF antenna and the two faced the same direction (a rotor was used) today everyone is using 60's technology to get HDTV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse