The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 26, 2010 at 23:14
FONGW2
Long Time Member
October 2006
Yup I just got my upgrade yesterday. So far it's been okay though the PVR did lock up in the middle of watching my recording of House. I had to power the unit off/on and then it looked like it had queued up all of the buttons that I had pressed while it was locked up. Can't say I hate it just yet as I have not lost any recordings yet but that remains to be seen.

I do have to say that I really like the new feature where all of the normal SD stations from 2 to 67 have now been replaced by their HD equivalent. i.e. CFTO on channel 8 is now in HD so I don't have to go to channel 518 to watch it. This was never an issue with me, but my wife and mother-in-law didn't seem to get the concept that you could watch a better picture with no black side bars by going up to the 500+ range of channels. Rogers has idiot proofed it for them so now they can keep watching CITY on 7 (instead of 519) and CFTO on 8 (instead of 518), all in HD. I'm not even sure that they noticed the change but atleast I won't have to cringe when I see them watching a crappy SD signal on an HDTV when there are HD channels available! :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse