Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 21, 2010 at 11:13
onthebay
Lurking Member
November 2010
HI,

I am not an installer, but looking for advise on replacing a 15 year old Nutone master station IM-5006.

I would like to keep the exisiting room and outside deck stations if possible.

I did look on the Nutone website, but I believe their newest model with the optional CD player will not fit the exisiting rough-in. My current system has wiring running independant from the master station to the remotes.

I'm looking for any options at this point including getting rid of the whole thing and starting over with something more state of the art and it doesn't have to be Nutone.

Below is the responce I got from the Newtone Technicial:

Depending on how the wires are run on the 5006 system, would dictate which model you could update to. If all of the remotes are independently wired back to the master, you could use the NM200 system, but everything would need to be changed out (master, master rough-in, remotes, remote rough-ins, door station and door station rough-in) except for the wiring. If the wires are run from the master to the first remote and on to the next remote, the only thing we would have to update the 5006, is the IM5000. The IM5000 is a selective call intercom only. No radio, tape deck, or CD. You would also have to patch the wall at the master. The 5006 can normally be repaired, if that would be an option for you. The IM5006 does have an auxiliary input, so external music sources can be played through the system.

Hosting Services by ipHouse