Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday November 15, 2010 at 09:19
motech
August 2008
On November 15, 2010 at 01:08, BeanAnimal said...
I call BS also...

I use and sell Sonos and think it is hands down one of the most feature packed and user friendly music distribution products on the market.

That said, it is fairly clear that Sonos is intertwined with Apple at some level. The UI and touch interface are certainly Apple relatives licensed or derived from Apple's touch core. Users and dealers alike have been begging for a Windows Mobile app and the requests have been flatly ingored or excused with BS. The same holds true for the Android platform and a WEB based interface. All (3) could be easily and quickly built in house and doing so would expand the user base and product attractiveness. Why have they not? I would bet that Apple has an arm twisted in the proprietary contract direction.

Sonos can't or won't develop cross platform interfaces and refuses to release an SDK or any semblance of an interface. They are as proprietary as can been, just like Apple. The product, while amazing may end up like most Apple products, cool but with no market share due to not playing nice with others.

While I would really hate to see Sonos go away, it would appear that their desire to be proprietary and closed may land with in the same museum aisle as min-disc, DAT and AppleTV.

LOL

Hosting Services by ipHouse