Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday November 12, 2010 at 09:15
Audible Solutions
March 2004
It will marginally affect compile times. The issue is that you have to build every aspect of the program with each build which means the underlying databases have to be accessed and the raw code built into a simpl windows program, a vt pro files ( for each device in the system ) and engraving files generated.

Clearly, the more RAM you are running the better since the program is a memory hog. I'll leave the technical debate about processors to others. That's not my specialty. But I think one of the downsides to this utility is that long build times are inevitable. I was advised by ATSC long ago not to make incremental program changes to the code but to make them all at once because of the long build times. That suggests to me that the long build times are due to the program and how it operates and that computer hardware will only help on the margins.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse