The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday December 28, 2000 at 08:13
David B.
Historic Forum Post
Here's my take on how good or bad ProntoEdit is:

Any program that has a long list of features is going to be complicated to use. I've written a few myself, and realized that adding just ONE new feature invariably doubled the calls I got for help with the program. No matter how refined and intuitive a program's interface is there are going to be many users who just don't "get it". We humans aren't all the same, thank God.

Unlike most word processors which have THOUSANDS of features most of us never use, Pronto owners tend to want to make the most of their pronto interface, and have to use every feature of prontoedit to accomplish that. Fortunately those features are there to use. Unfortunately, it's a complicated process. Questions about how to use the program and accomplish a great CCF are inevitable.

Could it be a better program? Perhaps. I suggest that those who complain so loudly mock up their own "improved" version. If you can show Philips how your "better" prontoedit will reduce their technical help and support calls, I'm sure they'd pay you well for your work.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse