Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday December 25, 2000 at 10:31
David B.
Historic Forum Post
Well, the wife's Visor has been unwrapped. I can easily see why these are such popular PDAs. The fact that it is only 1/2" thick and about 1/3 the weigh of a Pronto makes me seruously interested in considering one for a universal remote.

I see no conflict with PDA functionality on a universal remote. Like most grownups, we find lots of things to do while watching the typical TV re-run. Using the remote is only an occasional event. The ability to quickly jump between the omniremote application and whatever game or other PDA application being used sounds like a GREAT advantage to me.

We've had the Visor one night now. I've already figured out how to download TV-Guide listings to it. We used it as a scorepad for our Scrabble game. My wife looked up the name of a Physician she had to call (I had pre-loaded her old address book onto her Visor). If we'd have had the onmiremote module and software on the Visor, it would have eliminated any need for the Pronto.

I'll agree that the backlight leaves something to be desired. What WERE they thinking!?!

Yet it's still... Pretty Amazing Technology.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse