Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday November 2, 2010 at 22:57
sydinstaller
February 2004
On November 2, 2010 at 09:07, the_zap_gun said...
- The touchscreen could be quite inaccuarate (For example, you could press a button in the botton left-hand quadrant of the screen and a button in the top right-hand quadrant would show as "pressed". This occured on more than one unit, so I guess it wasn't a one-off manufacturing defect).

I have not seen this. Either way the S70 is a completely different remote. Nothing is shared from the SL.

- Pressing the transparent part of a button image would select the button.

This is expected. If the button behind the image is 40x40 but the icon is only 10x10 then the effective touch area would be 40x40. Just use a smaller transparent button.

- The IR "runwaway" issue (I know the symptoms caused by this problem could be controlled by limiting the duration that an IR code was transmitted for, but that didn't resolve the underlying issue).

This is no longer an issue.

- I found macros to be quite slow compared the Pronto (I guess due to the inter-IR command delay being greater?)

Hmmm, this could simply be a programming issue. Nevo have an automatic delay of 200ms (changeable in NSP3). If you put a delay in your macro between commands then you are doubling up your delays.

Are these issues still apparent with the latest Nevo models? I really did like the ergonomics and editing software of the Nevo, so I would consider one as a replacement if the above issues have been addressed.

Talk to your distributer, they may be able to loan you one to test.

I am happy to help with any other questions you may have on the Nevo range.

D.

Hosting Services by ipHouse