The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday October 23, 2010 at 07:42
ejfiii
Select Member
July 2003
On October 22, 2010 at 18:24, scoop city said...

My point is......I personaly cannot beleive Crestron does not have a more cost effective way to get a frikkin higher definition TV feed to a frikkin high end panel!!! It is a upcharge of $4,400.00 plus programming for the client to get a feed to watch Oprah in high def in the kitchen panel!

And my point is that it wasn't any cheaper for the client to get a feed to watch Oprah in high def in the kitchen panel before. Why should it be cheaper now?

I guess unlike you, myself and my clients don't want to watch composite video feeds.

Nope, nice try. Every 17" I have installed has one - or more likely - two HD feeds. But not the 15s and the 12s since they are not HD resolution panels.

In commercial work maybe they have deeper wallets and this extra cost doesn't phase them, but in residential, even if the job is low six figures, this is major sticker shock.

Wouldn't know personally but the division of my company that does commercial says video windows on large panels are usually for cueing what is going to be on the main screen next so HD is not as important.

ejfiii, I believe you still have not grasped my post.

Have you grasped [the point] of my post yet?

Why does this fabulous, informative forum have to end up in a pissing match so often. Can't we just help each other and have some fun instead of character assasination? (ya, I know, I probably sppelled wrong)

Where is the pissing match? Everyone else saw my point from my first post yet you still don't.

(just to mention we are absolute Crestron fans, so my beefs on the panels, are not a beat up on Crestron thing in any way.....)

Sure, spouting things like "My point is......I personaly cannot beleive Crestron does not have a more cost effective way to get a frikkin higher definition TV feed to a frikkin high end panel!!! " doesn't appear as beating up on Crestron at all.

Hosting Services by ipHouse