The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Friday October 22, 2010 at 21:12
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
I am probably not going to end up using XBMC. I really like what I have now with my own Library system and the Dune player.

However it is my plan to release what I have done for XBMC as a learning and teaching module for use by others. It will be a complete xcf using libraries written in PEP2. It will handle the XBMC player such that a prontoscript literate individual can follow and understand the code. WOL is built in. It is table driven and I will document its operation.

The libraries handle common subroutines, TCP/IP Dynamic PopUps and the player itself. The player page does know about JSON and does test for the presence of an XBMC that is JSON capable. The main player page is what most will want. There is a full keyboard page and a "try and test" page that allows you to send any command or action code, all table driven. I need to change this last page to put the lists internal as I currently read them from a server.

I will try and get it all done next week so those that are interested will be able to pick it up at my web site. It will not be supported, but I will answer questions re operation and how to extend it (it should be obvious).

The JSON implementation in XBMC is in Alpha/Beta and the HTTPAPI sometimes acts up ergo no support and Caveat Emptor, although there will be no cost.

Hosting Services by ipHouse