Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday October 22, 2010 at 18:24
scoop city
Advanced Member
May 2004
ejfiii,

I am not a complete incompetant.

I know the V12, V15 are "dumb" units , for lack of better words.
I know you need an $8000.00 DGE2 to make the V12 or V15 to work as control and HD panels.
I know you need a $4000.00 DGE1 to make the V12 or V15 to work as control and composite vdeo only panels.
I now know you can't get any, not any, HD source (except streaming) to the TPMCV12 and TPMCV15 panels.

My point is......I personaly cannot beleive Crestron does not have a more cost effective way to get a frikkin higher definition TV feed to a frikkin high end panel!!! It is a upcharge of $4,400.00 plus programming for the client to get a feed to watch Oprah in high def in the kitchen panel!

I guess unlike you, myself and my clients don't want to watch composite video feeds.

In commercial work maybe they have deeper wallets and this extra cost doesn't phase them, but in residential, even if the job is low six figures, this is major sticker shock.

ejfiii, I believe you still have not grasped my post.

Why does this fabulous, informative forum have to end up in a pissing match so often. Can't we just help each other and have some fun instead of character assasination? (ya, I know, I probably sppelled wrong)

(just to mention we are absolute Crestron fans, so my beefs on the panels, are not a beat up on Crestron thing in any way.....)

Hosting Services by ipHouse