The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday October 22, 2010 at 13:43
ejfiii
Select Member
July 2003
On October 22, 2010 at 12:00, scoop city said...
My point is that in this day and age, and with products that we design, sell and program into our clients homes , I am surprised that something like a "higher resolution" video input is not available for the likes of new models of touchpanels. To me , it is a no brainer and I don't think the client should have to spend thousands more to have it.

Having a composite video input (welcome to the eighties) from a cable box or Apple TV to a 800x600 or 1280x1024 display, is certainly not the same as a component or HDMI (remember this is what we are supposed to embrace for Hollywood) video input from a cable box or Apple to 800x600 or 1280x1024 Crestron panel. I don’t think the client should not have to pay thousands of dollars more to get this simple feature.

Clients want higher resolution TV feeds on their large control panels in their kitchen walls or counter tops. We are in the integration business, and call me crazy, but it makes sense to me that if you have a 15" control panel in your home it is almost a given, that it should do that. Clients do not want a 15" panel and a 19" TV right beside it. We are in the business to de-clutter wall acne as much as we are in the control business. (speaking of residential market)

I feel this is a “huge “ oversight on one little detail.

Clients might as well just get an iPad app. (then no one will make any money but Stevie boy.)

Did you even read my post?

I can promise you that I have sold and installed more 15" and 17" crestron panels than most or all on this board and it doesn't seem like you have sold any of the old ones?

I clearly pointed out that there were NO panels you mentioned in your post that offer anything other than composite inputs. The only HD video input units required transmitters that made them more expensive than the current Vpanels with the DGE2 which has HDMI input (among others).

Re-read my post and pay attention to the model numbers and prices. Then figure out exactly what you are complaining about.

Hosting Services by ipHouse