Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday October 21, 2010 at 09:37
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Kenzo,

It was not Boobie to whom you were speaking. It was Lyndel who did not want to disturb the login priviledges on Boobie's borrowed computer. I don't have full context of what you are trying to do at this time other than what appear to be the intentions of the script you have written.

You should NEVER use executeActions from a page script, always use scheduleActions().

I would love to accommodate your request I am out of town and don't have access to my own computer with all my tools to "whip up a script" for you.

Working through the examples in the Dev Guide should help to point you to your problem. Don't just read the dev guide, you will also want to work through the examples such as the light timer example.

The examples will likely give you a better understanding and hopefully help you find the thing you are missing.

It is not obvious to me what you are doing incorrectly other than not declaring the variable SWLightsTimer at the activity level versus at the page level. If you don't follow why this is necessary, you may want to have a look at the section of the Dev Guide on Scopes.

Also, you may want to use System.print, Diagnostics.log, and try/catch (discussed quite a few times by me as a debugging tools) to help isolate where the problem is.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse