The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday October 18, 2010 at 19:11
RemoteQuest
Long Time Member
October 2008
Hehee - semantics...I still refer to it as uploading FROM the Pronto and Downloading TO the Pronto.

Regarding the ever-present block on uploading from 94/96/98 I wrote a note to the Pronto Team (again) the other day giving them some current information from their customers. I get 6 calls a month from Pronto owners who paid for programming, received it and have been running it. Now need updates for changed equipment, etc. Problem is their installer went out of business and didn't bother to give the clients the config file and they are pissed and SOL and blaming Philips for the problem. Especially when they learn that Philips purposely put the block in there to satisfy what is likely a very small percentage of the consulting-installers who pushed for this, as some form of protection-scheme. Lyndel - the case you pointed out is likely a very-very small percentage. if I recall the big push behind the block was that installers who spent a lot of time on custom graphics did not want their work stolen and re-used. Not the programming really, just the graphics.

I always give the client the config. In my view they paid for it and deserve to have it. Not all installers feel this way and that is the prerogative.

But, any way you look at it these clients are pissed at Philips for not being able to help in any manner and somewhat less-pissed that their installer went out of business.

Dave
RemoteQuest.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse