The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday October 13, 2010 at 19:02
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
On October 11, 2010 at 12:07, DrSat said...
||
In the case of "Outsourced", this is a NBC show so you have the option of either watching it OTA from WGRZ or even better yet, from NBC's studio feed on KU-Band satellite. The bitrate on NBC's studio feed is a lot higher than WGRZ with the video being pumped close to 30 Mbps v.s. 15 Mbps.

With the exception of the Azteca HD Mux on the mexican satellite Satmex 5 I think, and maybe Galavision HD on 135W (both on C Band) I am yet to see audio being distributed in DD 5.1. Even PBS HD on Ku 125W uses DD 2.0 (although I think I have seen it 5.1 on some shows) which I find odd since I was expecting that those master signals were distributed with the highest posible quality (well some are distributed using DC II which I have no means to receive or are encrypted) but like I said DD 5.1 is extremely rare via FTA satellite. So you'd be better off via OTA.

Forget Global , I remember RSN Ontario had DD 5.0 (missing the LFE channel) for over a year at least while at least RSN Pacific and probably the others as well had full DD 5.1 untill I decided to send them an email. Not only it surprises me that their technical department did not see this happening but also that noone else ever complained. So much for having the latest equipment and yet the A/V source material we receive is not the highest quality. Well probably everybody thought , heck , somebody else will notice as well and will call , lol, a year at least !!!. Wonder if someone has send a message to Global about this?

Hosting Services by ipHouse