The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 483 made on Tuesday October 12, 2010 at 18:09
mike1812
Long Time Member
December 2005
On September 22, 2010 at 22:57, sofa_king_CI said...
|
2nd. Has anyone put two PMC2's in a home? Not linked together, but two stand alone systems in one home.....on ONE NETWORK?

Can this be done. I have a job that would be perfect for three stand alone systems....hopefully some day they can link together. The concern I have is in setting up the devices. Its basically three stand alone systems in one house, Theater, Family & Master. Currently they have MX950's (BLAH!) and the client is ready for an upgrade. I want to do Prodigy b/c it will work now what he needs but leaves room for improvement, especially if these three systems can talk some day.

By now, you've heard the CEDIA news that the new PMC3 will allow for multiple PMC3's in the same system. However, if you are working on an existing system with older PMC2's, you CAN link them, according to a thread at the Yahoo Crestron group:tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Crestron/message/124519

There are at least 2 threads discussing how to link multiple Prodigy controllers (prior to the introduction of the new PMC3).  I realize your initial query was simply about them existing in the same network, not even linked, but thought I would share this with you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse