The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 8, 2010 at 13:34
2Many
Long Time Member
September 2009
When a P&G file is opened, two temporary files are created. The P&G can be run in the PEP2 Simulator by using one of the temporary files.

The ‘How to’ guide:

1. Open the P&G file. The P&G download dialog will appear – ignore it for now

2. Copy the 'some_file_name_blah_blah _Configedit.bin'  temporary file to another folder

3. Cancel the P&G file download dialog

4. Rename the copied 'some_file_name_blah_blah _Configedit.bin' to 'Configedit.bin'

5. Start PEP2 and run the Simulator and leave running

6. Locate the Simulator created 'Configedit.bin' in your temporary folder

e.g.      C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\App Data\Local\Temp\PEP2Data\Configedit.bin

7. Replace this 'Configedit.bin' with the one obtained from the P&G file.

8. Go back to the PEP Simulator

9. Click on 'Reset' in the simulator

10. The P&G is now running in the simulator!!!

The story:

I recently downloaded a well-known PackAndGo file from the RC Forums. When I tried to run the P&G file it gave me the C5 HID Error.

The reason for this was that the P&G was built on an older version of PEP. I was expecting this, the HID Error had plagued me for a long time. PEP v2.4.23 and FW v7.33 finally resolved the HID Error, for me anyway.

Back to the story. When I ran the P&G file I noticed that 2 temporary files are created by the process. I spotted that one of the files had a familiar file name. The file name ended with '.......ConfigEdit.Bin'.

I had seen this before. A 'ConfigEdit.Bin' is created by PEP2 when running the PEP2 Simulator.

I wondered if I could run this P&G .bin file in the Simulator. This would save the trouble of getting out my, very slow, laptop.

Needless to say, the P&G did run in the Simulator.

I've since discovered that I could have ran the P&G file, the normal way, from Windows 7 XP Mode. Oh well.

2Many
"Home" is where my Pronto is.

Hosting Services by ipHouse