The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday October 3, 2010 at 05:45
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
There's a free module for denon tcp done for the 9400 which you could use and change the graphics.

I discussed this a bit in a thread on Denon TCP and available modules (Search (Denon TCP Task). Free module at: www.prontoprojects.com.

My module is still in beta and I'm not sure if I'm going to actually publicly license to a large number of users it as it is not a full UI but a framework for building Denon-based UI's and does require an indepth knowledge of Denon Protocol.

It has lots of examples but the underlying code is not user modifiable. That is, you use my framework and put code into widgets that when you press them, they call functions on a denon object instance (ie denon.doSurround('5CH STEREO);)

My framework then handles the responses/events and fills out panel lables with specific ProntoScript names based on the specific event received.
Examples:

MS**** response is parsed and value goes to a widget with ProntoScript name Z1_SURROUND_MODE
MV**** response is parsed and value goes to a widget with ProntoScript name Z1_VOLUME.
MU**** response is parsed and value goes to a widget with ProntoScript name Z1_MUTE (Mute symbol or space) and
Z1_MUTE_TEXT (Text - On or Off).

User SJHart is one of the beta testers and he has been quite successful. You might send him RC Mail to dicuss pros/cons of using my framework.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on October 3, 2010 05:54.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse