The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 1, 2010 at 18:32
Tassie Devil
Long Time Member
February 2003
The program I have is version 1.12.288 and it works fine with my 3 850s and a 700. However it will not work with a new Aeros (AO 70510 0263697) sent by URC as a relacement for a broken 700 (+ payment of $100).

URC refuse to help which I find extremely frustrating. I get the standard reply:

"Unfortunately, the MX-850 software is now not available to end users, but rather it is exclusive to authorized dealers and professional installers. You must contact the place of purchase or an authorized dealer to inquire about any programming or additions in programming to your remote's file. Below please find the link to our dealer locator for an authorized URC installer in your area. We hope this information is helpful and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

They are deaf to the plea that they provided me with the remote and no dealer is involved (the dealer who provided the original 700 went years ago).

The new remote will not communicate and the note about the wrong COMMS or bad cord appears - not true because both work with the other remotes.

I can only assume the latest Aeros has some different hardware that requires a more recent MX-850 editor than the one I have.

This new Aeros is not for me. It is for a friend I'm helping out - I put a system together for him some years ago and used an MX-700 to control it.

Any ideas, help etc greatly appreciated.

TIA

John

Last edited by Tassie Devil on October 1, 2010 20:41.
An audio nut for over 60 years & now a video nut too :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse