The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday September 27, 2010 at 22:30
RobSmit
Long Time Member
May 2010
On September 20, 2010 at 15:18, cgav said...
I have a question about the HardButton programming on PTX3's. I keep losing my hard button programming every time it builds. How do I make it where it doesn't overwrite my hard button programming. My vol+ and Vol- is a long variable based on room selection, and it's a real pain in the ass to reprogram every time. I don't understand why it's changing it.

I had the same. This seems to be a bug in SB. If you add a complex expression to a hard button press, SB sometimes removes it on rebuild because it thinks some signals are missing. Sometimes assigning an automatic new join number to the button will fix this.

You can try to put the expression into a global preset and call the global preset from the button press. In that case at least its easier to restore the programming if it's gone.

Another way, using the "Persist hard button programming from this page" and on other pages "use the persistent buttons if a previous page enabled them" function on pages makes it easier to program because you only have to set the button programming once and keep the programming across page flips.

If you have a lot of rooms and the volume logic becomes complicated (and you can program SIMPL), its probably far more stable to write a SIMPL logic module for volume control and import it into SB. In this way you can also make a feedback signal (e.g. volume bar per room) if the amp supports feedback on volume.
The next version of my control software will be so great, it will control the world! Or maybe not, in that case wait for the update which should come really soon.

Hosting Services by ipHouse