The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday September 19, 2010 at 21:40
3FG
Select Member
August 2009
I guess I wasn't clear earlier. The IR signals used by the O!play are already known and available at hifi-remote.com. Your learned signals are potentially valuable to check the accuracy and completeness of what is already supposed to be known.

Probably you can use a JP1 inteface cable to read your learned signals, and you can then use IR.exe to decode those signals. Then (probably) you can upload the an upgrade into the 7960 which will have its own special setup code.

However, the 7960 is a new remote, and that means we don't know for sure if it uses the standard interface.

I recommend that you post in the Beginners forum at hifi-remote.com. Also read  "Beginners-- read this thread first".  That's where the JP1 community experts hang out, and you'll get better and more complete advice there.

Basically you'll need to either buy or make a cable, download free software, and read the data from the remote.  SInce the 7960 is new, we'll probably have to make a Remote Definition File (RDF) in order for you to upload an upgrade.  You'll get help in doing that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse