Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday September 19, 2010 at 16:50
Audible Solutions
March 2004
There are ZERO issues adding Kaleidescape to a CP2e.

8x is a nice remote. It works best when placed on a WiFi "A" network.

Battery is not the best and it will need to be replaced more often than you or your client might expect.

The 3x is also a nice remote, particularly if the primary use is video. It has a lot of hard buttons and it has a screen size like the CT-1000--longer than wide--which is far better than any other in the sku.

I am not a fan of the 6x because I do not like its size. I do not like 2-handed remotes. It works perfectly well and it's hard buttons are a plus. I prefer one -handed remotes or a remote the size and shape of the 8x or iPad.

If you are going to use an iPad with a processor that does not permit a memory card to be installed you will need to use a low resoluton template. It will probably have to be based on a scrolling text GUI, much like systembuilder.

In my experience only png graphics work with an iPad. The jpg and bmp I've attempted to use had all sorts of edge artifacts. It may be possible to fix these in Photoshop--I'm not nearly expert enough at graphics utilities to speak to this issue. I have not looked at a size comparison between bmp and png but this is going to be the ultimate factor if you can load an iPad on to the CP2e. Of course, you can forget the Creston app and use the app from Command Fusion that loads the graphics file on to the iPad.

There really is nothing you could not add to the CP2E. Kaleidescape, AppleTv control, Squeezebox control, DM, PVID, and so on. The limitation will not be the processor in most real world jobs. I have a CP2E controlling 60 lighting loads, 2 TSTATs, 1 surround zone, 4 displays, 4 Blurays, 4 zone ARQ, DAT, CD, 4 cable boxes, 14 bidirectional shades, 7 touch panels so it's certainly possible to do what ever you want with one.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse