The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday September 16, 2010 at 15:01
Mr. Brad
Advanced Member
April 2008
OK, found the problem and it was my fault!

One of the technical support guys in NJ called me and let me know that the problem was related to a step in the process that I had not yet completed. I had not assigned the receiver and switching input for the sources in the Theater room. Since this was not done, the program would not allow them to be selected as sources for this room. The program automatically assigns the inputs to the PAMP, that is why that portion of the program allowed us to select the same sources.

All I had to do was go to the properties of each source and select the receiver device and input. I was then able to get the sources to appear in the remote and touchpanel projects.

Another good lesson learned, won’t do that again!

The biggest issue I have Crestron is the lack of experience most of the technical support people have with SystemBuilder. I can almost hear the groan from them when I call in with an SB problem. They have to close Simple and VTPo to open SB on their machines and then start digging around.

However, the support representative that helped me with my problem was very proficient with SB and found the problem in several minutes. I hear that they may start a separate support queue for SB problems.

I have taken essentials, configuration, lighting control and advanced SB classes. Most of them were very good, but the Advanced SB class was the worst. It was taught by a new employee who didn't know SB or the curriculum. SB is just not supported properly by Crestron.

Yes, I’m going to learn Simple and VT-Pro. If I knew it was going to be this hard, I would have thought twice about Crestron. However, I did think twice or maybe ten times and still went with Crestron. I still think it was the best choice.
Can’t wait to see the new Prodigy distributed video matrix at CEDIA!

Hosting Services by ipHouse