The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Tuesday September 14, 2010 at 10:20
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On September 14, 2010 at 01:58, BluPhenix said...
Ok ... folks ... did anyone actually try to do ... anything with the backlight button? Seriously?

The original poster is the one that wants to use the backlight button so seriously, perhaps you should ask the original poster if they've attempted to address the backlight button via ProntoScript as Lyndel suggested.

P.S.: Sorry for the foul language, but I think here is apropriate (And I couldn't resist it, given the "Selfownage" we inflicted upon ourselves in this thread, ok Lyndel excluded, because he said to try this ;) ).

Not sure what you mean here. Selfownage? I simply offered an alternative solution to using the backlight button in the event it could not be addressed via ProntoScript. Either way, one only stands to benefit from my contribution to this thread. Some may not have thought to use a button for more than one thing. Not only did I provide the ProntoScript I'm using to do this, but I also offered many examples of how useful the "Press & Hold" functionality can be per my own configuration file.

P.P.S.: Works on pages only (not on the activity level), but I'm quite sure it could be modified in a way you don't need the code on each page.

Very cool. One more hard button is certainly not a bad thing. I'll have to check this out myself when I get home tonight. Good stuff.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse