The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday September 14, 2010 at 09:21
johnmack
Long Time Member
October 2005
I'll have to amend my last statement. The log shows the 'directory is not empty'  error once per day since Saturday. Looking at the time of the error and my use of PEP2 today I cannot tie it to a specific action. However as it doesn't seem to have affected my editing or downloading to my Pronto, I shall not look at Event Viewer ever again.

I've received a response from Dave Sereno at O1R as follows;
"There are several code sets in the database where those fields are blank because when we began the database we did not enter any values in those fields.  The reason is that they only matter if you are using the wizard when building configurations and since we build from our templates, they never mattered.  Also, in the case of many components those values change from generation to generation of product and even from model to model within the same generation.  If we were to enter values in those fields in many cases they would be incorrect which is worse than leaving them blank."

As the log error hasn't caused me any problems, this will be another sleeping dog that I will let lie.

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse