Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday September 13, 2010 at 03:49
M Hi Fi
August 2008
On September 11, 2010 at 13:50, dirtyballs said...
75% network update failure rate on the last 6 AVR's I have installed. The latest one is the biggest pisser.

AVR-3311CI gets installed on a project. Wired, configured, audyssey'd, programmed, working great. A message pops up about an available firmware update. Like an idiot, I hit enter to continue. All downhill from there. Of course the update fails, I should have expected that. What's worse, is that it locks up the receiver and I have to hard power cycle it to get it going again, and upon rebooting it goes right back into the update cycle. Now I have solved this problem before by doing a microprocessor reset, only this time, that doesn't stop the update cycle. All of my settings, audyssey, etc are gone, but it still try's and fails to update. If I unplug the ethernet or block it's access, it will let me operate the receiver, but will give no feedback to the RTI system, or allow me to redo the Audyssey setup. I called tech support and they were no help. They suggested that I send it in for repair. Repair? This is a brand new unit, just opened the box and you want me to take it in for repair? How about you don't sell me some pos that needs to be sent in for service before it can be installed.

You are killing me Denon. This is seriously impacting the profitability of this job, not to mention the customer's satisfaction level. This is the 4th time recently that I have had network problems with a Denon AVR, wtf? Are the rest of you having this type of issue? Denon, care to respond?

BTW, I have tried putting the receiver thru as a DMZ, doing a static IP, etc. All of the jobsites where I have had this issue are standard residential DSL or cable, with run of the mill network equipment. If this were a one time thing, I might be inclined to think that there is something going on with the network or ISP, but four different locations? The error message, if anyone is interested is:

Main ROM 01min
Updating fail 83

Chris,

Allow me to begin with the 3311CI's have been working very well with updates in the field, I personally have one and can vouch for it. This doesn't change the fact that some people are having issues. What is causing the issue is to be determined.

Could you please provide the Mac address for each of the AVR's in question. This is located on the rear of the AVR and is also located in the Network info area.

Please PM or email me the information.

I do understand the frustration with this, but I can't assist any further without some support from our CIs. So, to the others with the same issue. Please forward me the same information so the issue can be investigated and addressed.

Thank you in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse