The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday September 12, 2010 at 15:58
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
The antenna does not determine the need of a rotator , it is your location and the location of the Tx towers. Most directional antennas have a beamwidth of aprox 60 degrees or less but you should check the antenna specs. If both towers (CN and Buffalo) fall within the beamwidth of your antenna then there is no need for a rotator unless I was the one selling you such a device then there would be a need , lol (not funny but I laugh anyways).

Bulding materials and nearby tall structures or trees affect reception therefore the higher the better and outside better than the attic mounted in the direction of the center of both towers (these are just general guidelines). Trial and error and common sense your best friend.

I like the 4 bay Channel Master but a 20 cad chinese knockout will do the job just for a while specially outside where the CM will last longer. There is no ideal antenna that works ideally in every case, it depends on your needs and location.

Oh , a female!, I could give you more than step by step! , lol. Just kidding , feel free to ask any questions at all, lot of very knowleadgeable and willing to help people on this forum. BTW , Welcome to the Forum.

Hosting Services by ipHouse