Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday September 10, 2010 at 19:20
Audible Solutions
March 2004
if you employ logic macros and import those into Systembuilder you don't have to worry about your preference to base input switching on state variables.

i use the same macros for on/off tracking in Simpl that I do in Systembuilder. I just imported them as Logic macros. Thus receiver and display input triggering is accounted for and I'd suggest this is a much better way of accomplishing the goal then yours.

The logical trigger based on feedback would send triggers into the macros as if they were triggered on the button press. Even with your preference for doing this with state variables it's still possible to nest a conditional in the global expression so that you determine when or how fast an input command is generated.

I would not code this way in Simpl. But Systembuilder is not Simpl and there's many things one can do in Simpl that are much more convoluted in Systembuilder--how to handle multiple keypads or shades, what's called jamming serial signals --is done all the time in Simpl but cannot be done in Sysetmbuilder. When you have multiple keypads or shades that would normally have its own macro per room you either have to put this into a custom macro with wrapper or you need to turn the keypad macros into logic macros and have an other macro handle the com port.

The point is that you can do what you want but you need to do it differently in both utilities.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse