The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 22:29
connectedhomenc
Lurking Member
September 2010
The Digital Loggers stuff looks interesting, but if i could get proper control of a Global Cache unit I could remotely send a trigger to switch off a bank on a surge protector just as easily. i really want to take remote support to a new level with what I could adjust and fix. I figure, with a cheap PC, a GC-100, a couple web cams, and a panamax surge (that I would sell anyways), I could completely monitor and adjust the system. I could log into the PC, use one webcam to view the front of the equipment to read displays, and one webcam to view whats going on on the TV (placement might be tricky), I could see exactly whats going on, and access any menu on any piece of equipment to possibly fix the problem. Even if I'm not able to fix the problem, I could determine exactly what needs to be replaced before I go out there. I figure, you charge cost for the extra equipment (PC, global cache, software, etc.) and sell a service plan for support after the 1 year warranty is up. It creates recurring income, and great support. Everyone wins. If you had a customer who owns a beach home, and they are coming in for the weekend, you could log into the system, turn everything on, and test it all out before they even get there. Preventing the frustrating day off phone calls. Team Viewer even has an iPhone app. I would be able to do all of this from my phone. I just need to figure out the right software to use with the Global Cache.

P.S. - this is not a control system replacement. I would still sell a universal remote. This is just for remote support.

Hosting Services by ipHouse