The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 22:04
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
1.Switched surge protectors that are accessible from the front of the rack. 2.Embedded emitters.

Those 2 things have cut us from 50 service calls a year to 2. The emitters cant get knocked off by the cleaning lady now and the big red switch OFF then ON resets everything and resolves cable box/directv/processor/lan gear lockups.

Currently we include a PC in the rack. It has log me in installed. We can connect to the rack PC and manage things from there. Makes it easy to load new files locally and not have to worry about my connection dropping in the middle of an upload.

I just installed 6 of these at a job. [Link: digital-loggers.com] You can name each outlet and you have individual control over each outlet via webserver. This lets me switch things on/off remotely and keeps me from having to explain what switch to flip to the client.

Thats pretty much it for us in terms of remote support. I have seen companies that offer remote monitoring but i dont really know what they cover. If a reset doesnt fix it we typically have to roll a truck anyway.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse