The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 21:01
connectedhomenc
Lurking Member
September 2010
I was wondering if anyone was offering remote support for their AV systems. I've lost count of the number of times I've rolled out a truck just to press a few buttons because a customer wasn't able to be walked through the steps over the phone. So I've been looking into ways of adjusting a system remotely. I have found some really great PC remote support software called Team Viewer. I believe I could sell a customer a cheap, small computer that stays with the system. I could then use Team Viewer to log into the computer. At that point, I could control some devices that support ip control directly (such as new Denon receivers). For the rest of the devices, I was looking at using something like the global cache GC-100. However, I have never used any of the Global Cache products before, so I'm really not sure how to send my commands to it. Obviously there are several pieces of costly software for automation with the device, but I am looking for a free or cheap way to send individual commands. The Global Cache website mentions an embedded web server for configuring the unit, but does not really give any more detail on what that is actually capable of. I'm looking for some input from anyone who has used Global Cache before, or anyone who has offered remote support for av systems before.

Hosting Services by ipHouse