Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 9, 2010 at 14:01
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
So I'm finally starting to understand SB and wrap my head around how it works. Enough to where I can usually track down its "nests" of programming to see where the macro lays or whatever.

I'm hoping somebody that has programming expereince with RTI/URC can help put a solid connection between the different terminology and programming techniques. Hopefully that makes sense.

For example, with RTI you build "SYSTEM MACRO's" on the processor and then can point to or use these system macros throughout the project. In system builder is a "GLOBAL EXPRESSION" pretty much the same thing?

With URC, you can build a short macro and have it on a button or even just a discrete command stored on a hidden button. Then later in macro programming you can point to that button to either nest in a macro or just use that command in a macro. In tearing down SB programs, I found ZONE 1 SOURCE buttons that basically had the macros for switching to that source. However the front button that is pushed just has "SOURCE SELECT_LINE 1" or something similar, is this the same idea around what URC does, or is this just the way SB runs to work with the Wizard Composers that most systems are started with?

JOINS:

Please explain joins? If I build a button with join #62 on it and put some macro programming on it (like I would with URC/RTI), then later build another button on another page that I want to do the same thing, do I just give it the same Join number? Or is it better to create that first button as a subpage and pull the exact button into any page needed?

I'm asking these questions b/c I find myself frustrated with some of the ways Composer/SB set up things. Now that I'm started to see how it works, it isn't so bad. I would like to create some custom graphics and templates, but really I can't. However I can build the system and then go to VTPro through SB or even outside of SB and copy and paste my graphic pages in and then just assign the programming, similar to how I would with RTI. Is there any problems with this or any catches that I may run into?

Thanks for all the help.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse