The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 468 made on Tuesday September 7, 2010 at 20:05
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
On September 7, 2010 at 15:34, x166532x said...
Other than this thread, is there a help forum for prodigy systems? Or other good places to go?

Does the IR in work? is it just for learning or can it be used as a pass-through?

It says in the documentation that it is for future use. I've never attempted to use it so I couldn't say for sure.

I setup a system with a Rotel RSP1560 receiver. I'm using Com1 and the crestron .UMC module for control. The receiver won't respond to RS232 commands. All settings are correct and the pinout appears to be correct.
I seem to remember getting around this once before, but its been a while.
Anyone familiar with Rotel and Prodigy.

I know with Integra, I had to turn on the 232 mode in the menu. I'd assume you've already tried that.

Is there a forum where people share prodigy files/templates.

This one is all I could find. I've gotten some IR files from the Yahoo Crestron Group, but they aren't usually helping out a lot with prodigy over there. I know Motech has personally passed along a Prodigy file he was doing that really helped me get over the hump on a few things. If you've got anymore particular questions, ask away. I'll help whenever possible.

Blu Ray players are a pain. I'm setting up a samsung (same on sony) and need access to the Red, Green, Blue, Yellow buttons and options and a few other buttons that don't populate automatically. Is there a way to force this so I don't have to modify the simplest of systems with System Builder?

Yeah, BluRay (specifically Samsung) sucks in Prodigy. I don't think there's a way you'll be able to add the colored buttons without going into system builder. You can change the IR file, but it's not going to add them to the screen. Pretty easy to add in system builder though.

Hosting Services by ipHouse