The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Sunday September 5, 2010 at 02:07
gasbie
Lurking Member
May 2010
If anyone is interested in knowing how to upgrade their request hard drive, Here it is.

Download and burn any linux operating software on a cd. I used Centos 5.2
Attach your new drive to your computer.
Make sure that you computer sees the hard drive. You can check this by going into your bios.
Also, while you are in bios, make sure your make your dvd drive as the #1 boot in the priority list
Insert you linux OS into the cd drive and boot your computer
Let linux OS starts. Follow the online instruction.
Now when you get to the section where it ask you if you want to create the linux partion yourself, say yes.
In the partition section, all you have to do is:
create 2GB for boot (ext3)
create 2GB for swap (ext3)
then allocate the rest of your hard drive for root(/).

These are the three files audiorequest operating system looks for before it installs. If you don't have these three allocations, the OS will fail to install.

Once you are done with the partition, click next and let the linux operating system format the new hard drive. This is where you have to be patient. Stay right by you computer. Once your harddrive is formatted, immediately, turn off your computer. Reason? you don't want linux to be installed on the drive. Once formatting is done, linux installation will began. So turn off your computer before it begin installing linux on your computer. Once you have successfully complete this steps, remove the hard drive from your computer and install it back in the ARQ. insert your ARQ software into the ARQ DVD drive and boot the ARQ and watch the magic happen. Guaranteed! the operating system should install. I have used this method to install two drives with no problem.

If you have any question, please dont hesistate. leave comment and I will respond asap. thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse