The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Tuesday August 31, 2010 at 17:17
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
The major issue i have is that the programmers now have to work in 2 programs instead of 1. Some are using Command Fusion already and others are waiting it out for VTPro updates.

I am at a job now in AZ now where 2 iPad's are joining the 4 TPMC-8X's and 6 TPMC-10's at the last minute. With command fusion i can mimic the 800X600 panels exactly but if i want these panels working before i leave then i have to use the creston gui because the programmer has already used it.

I am completely and totally DONE DONE DONE with control system wi-fi panels. iPad from now on. Lighter/sleeker/better display/better wi-fi range/better battery/fraction of the cost. My goal is and always has been to provide the client with a COOL system. The iPad lets me do that.

As far as "the sky is falling" fear about touchpanel sales....... Its not like that money vanishes when its not used for a touchpanel. Now instead of spending 50k in wi-fi panels you can sell the client shades or a projector or better speakers in every room of the house.

Initially i assumed the connection delay would be similar to my iPhone3G. But my iPhone4 and iPad are nearly instant when the app is launched so thats a non issue for me now.

Back to the job i am at. The ipad's next to the control system panels is crazy. Its like looking at a type writer next to a laptop.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse