Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 456 made on Monday August 30, 2010 at 23:18
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On August 30, 2010 at 20:20, SignatureSV said...
could I possibly use an ipad for the second zone control?

In theory, yes, but I suspect as a practical matter no, assumig you're using the Crestron app. You have to load the graphics file into the processor so for a project with lots of graphics it'll be a large file and probably too large to load.

If you can find a way to host the graphics outside the processor, that would be a different story

Can you tie more then one PMC2 together?

Using what programming tool? Are you using macros you or someone wrote or trying to use what Crestron permits in Systembuilder. At any rate, you can only have one processor in a job. You can link to mulitple processors using an ESIC symbol. For Prodigy composer this is not currently supported. There are ways around this but you're flying solo. You break it and you'll have to fix it on your own.

I am meeting with my rep wednesday afternoon to discuss Prodigy and Adagio. My rep compared Vantage with Adagio and said that Adagio is a crazy powerful system still at a relative "affordable" price. so I still have ALOT of decision making to do on which route I want to go, but I think im going to get my self a prodigy dealer demo kit.

I cannot program for the life of me, so a CAIP is an absolute necessity.

I have spent the last 2 weeks coding Adagio systems in Simpl using the example program. Look and feel to the program is Systermbuilder and the macros in the demo program are the same or just about the same that are used with Systembuilder. But Systembuilder is inefficient and wastes a lot of memory.

I have one AES with a 6x, 3 6Ls, 1 TPS4L, 4 APADs and 3 ML600s. ESIC to a PAC2 controlling 120 loads. I'm controlling each of them. Security, pool control, and CCTV cameras. You are not going to do this with an AES or Prodigy and Systembuilder. Too much overhead and not enough memory for this many sub-systems using Systembuilder.

The system is close to being max'ed out but it's still a fairly large system that does just about everything you'd want.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse