The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday August 27, 2010 at 01:29
mbowns
Lurking Member
August 2010
I have a U2-870 PLUS projector with a message on the screen saying Lamp Hours: 1005 and won't go away and I too wanted to know how to remove it from the screen.

I found this thread which helped me remove the message and I wanted to share my adventure. I saw the post on using the Comcast Remote but found the one I had is a Universal "Digital" Remote (the latest one for the digital boxes) which uses 6 digits instead of the 4 digits (Solution: TV Code 0603), so that was not going to work.

I thought I might of had an older version but after looking around I instead found my old Logitech 880 universal remote. I charged the batteries and downloaded the latest software from their website and found they offered a Projector Category and in there was my PLUS model. "Hooray" I said. I could now turn on and off the projector. So now the solution says to hold the power button to 10 Seconds and the message will reset the counter and disappear. Well this Logitech remote will only pulse for 1 seconds and then stop even though I'm holding down the power button. "Crap" I said. I tried to press the button as fast as i can for 10seconds but that did not work either.

After an hour I remember I came across another universal remote with learning capabilities. I taught the 2nd universal remote the ON/OFF button from the Logitech and tried the 10 seconds solution with the 2nd remote. This remote too only pulsed for 1-2 seconds; no good.

Then I had an epiphany, a brilliant idea to solve my problem. Like a western gun slinger but with two remotes; one in each hand, I pushed the power button alternating each hand while pointing at the projector and Bingo the message reset the counter from 1005hours to 0 hours and then disappeared. That's my story. Duration 4 hours.

Hosting Services by ipHouse