Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday August 26, 2010 at 08:00
digitaltoast
Lurking Member
March 2007
Thanks for both replies. Taking mdavej's reply:

On August 25, 2010 at 16:35, mdavej said...
They still make the big easy as far as I can tell.

[Link: oneforall.com]

It's true they still list it if you do a search, but I suspect that's for support and historical reasons. But I promise you, it is not made any more. Here is their reply to me after retailers and wholesalers told me they could get no more stock:

"We don't have a real remote anymore targeting your audience. The Big Easy is out of stock and end of life, meaning no more are produced."

Do you really need key magic, or would a learning remote do?

The thing about the Big Easy, is that it found great favour with less nimble fingers and failing eyesight. It's also very robust, and it has exactly the number of keys I need, no more no less, and the price was good. Occasionally, they come up on ebay for good prices, but 3 or 4 here and there isn't a reliable source, really.

I tried cheap learning remotes, but they all had various failings, from size of keys, to randomly losing functions when batteries out for too long.
When I'm posting them out, they can't have batteries in, for example.

But now you've both given me some pointers for OEM names, I'll take a punt with a couple of those if I see something looking good and priced right, and report back!

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse