Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday August 23, 2010 at 23:20
BillB
Founding Member
February 2002
Lyndel,
Thanks so much for all this great info!!! Somehow I figured it would not be easy. At least I have SOME choices when it dies. Although having to re-code all those codes and Alias's would not be my first choice.

The good news (for now), is I think my RC5200 has come back to life. It has run fine for a few days now.

So, I may have a bit more time with it.

Since you are so intimate with it though, if I want to just keep programming for the RC5200, is there software (and a USB to serial adapter) that works that would allow me to continue to use my current RC5200 CCF and program with some software that runs on Vista 32??? 

In addition to the above fun, I found myself digging out that 10 year old laptop with a serial port running windows 98 to add a new component.

FWIW, it is a DVDO iscan Duo.....and the manufacturer's supplied CCF file with discrete IR codes cause the emulator in the "touchscreen" software to crash with an illegal operation whenever one of these codes is played back. I have no idea what it does not like about those IR codes....

They are here:
www.anchorbaytech.com/support/documentation/automation.php

Could there be something special about these IR codes that the software does not like?  The "remote" "learned" or "non-discrete" panels it plays back just fine.  I have not downloaded to my RC5200 yet due to the crashes. I have learned my lessons over the years!

Any thoughts on why discrete codes would crash the emulator?  Could they perhaps crash the emulator but play back fine on the real remote??  If I can't get the discrete codes to work, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of this exercise.

Thanks,
BillB

Hosting Services by ipHouse