The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday August 21, 2010 at 01:36
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
My apologies for rambling here but I'm having trouble organizing lots of thoughts on this early morning.

If you purchase 9600, then you can use PEPV1 to edit your files and links will still be supported. The 9600 remote (and 9400 remote configs) can be edited and maintained in PEPV1. If you want support for the 9800 or the 9300, you must migrate your config into PEPV2.

To clarify about links being lost in PEPV2, if you move this PEPV1 config into PEPV2, your links will be "duplicated" in each an every action list that contains a link will have the real action(s) duplicated over and over again. In the latest PEPV2, if you know what "links" you had, you can convert them into Macros and store them in a special activity reserved just for macros. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Note that you can take your existing RC5200 CCF and import it onto the NG platform just fine (you will want to tweak your graphics a bit). I recommend the 7000/7500, which are both discontinued color models. However, I loved the feel of the remote and it also had a great display.

Note that the TSU9300/9400 also have a 240x320 display and are both color. If you get either of these models or the 7000/7500, you will have the least work to do with regard to graphics but the PEPV2 editor required for the Pro models will introduce extra work in converting your file as mentioned above.

Have a look at the Pro Forum, specifically the Sticky threads and also search for "My Database" in the Pro Forum to understand better the concepts of storing your codes in a Database vs in hidden code pages.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on August 21, 2010 01:44.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse