Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday August 20, 2010 at 01:55
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
A couple of comments:

What I am developing is for control purposes only and has not implemented any download capability. Its purpose is to control the XBMC system as a fully functional IR remote associated with a commercial media player appliance would. My rational is that XBMC has a superb GUI and on screen library presentation. I am looking at the XBMC for video only as I use SqueezeServer for music.

I have built the application to be table driven so it is very flexible. In fact the current experimental/testing/learning version has some commands implmented as buttons (e.g. transport control, cursor navigation, etc.) but also has the ability to bring up the lists of all possible HTTP API commands for execution.

Converting from HTTP to JSON should be (for the most part, if not completely) just a matter of changing the tables and the reply analysis.

I am not sure what version (I run XBMC LiveCD 9.11) of XBMC is required for JSON and have posted a query on that subject in the XBMC forum

My intent is to develop decent documentation so that others can add to and modify the code simply and without too much difficulty. In essence I will be trading speed and efficiency for ease of modification and ability to understand what is going on.

I have written it using some libraries I have developed (subroutines, basic TCPIP, POPUP management) that are in somewhat rough form as I am not yet confident regarding my understanding of the Library implementation in PEP2.4 (System level vs activity level, check vs no check, include vs no include, namespace requirements, and lastly Scope.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse