The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday August 14, 2010 at 04:58
MCFH
Long Time Member
December 2009
The issue with this (and Lyndel am posting this here rather than in the other thread that talks to a similar theme) that I experience is that if I have, say, component A and B, both using schedulers that monitor different COM ports on the same extender (1 and 2 in my case) I lose data and have no way of detecting this.

I have developed a scenario and shared it with Belgium as it was 100% repeatable and am awaiting their analysis - where code works fine when only one of the devices is polled and fails when they both are. Clearly they should be able to co-exist.

I have worked round it by creating another scheduled activity that marshals the data across both ports sychronously and this works at the cost of a slower response time but means that all code referencing serial ports across a single Pronto needs to call the marshalling code and you cannot use the button mappings. In my opinion the marshalling should be done at firmware level not script level so that code I write can co-exist with code someone else writes.

Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse