Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday August 9, 2010 at 04:19
garyrs
Lurking Member
August 2010
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Have used it in the past to look up info on various sony remotes I have owned, and it's been a fantactic resource!

Anyway, I just decided to register so I could post something I just discovered about the RM-VLZ620 that I haven't seen anyone mention yet.

I was programing my new remote to do what my old one did (RM-VL600) when I ran into something odd - The system control macros no longer leave the last component that was used in the sequence as the active device. Instead, after pressing the system control button, control is returned to the device that was being used before the system control button was pressed.

I've never owned a VL610, but in looking at the review on this site, it seems to share the 'old' behavior of my VL600.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I find the 'new' VLZ620 behavior unfortunate, because of how I was using some of my macro keys on my VL600. These functions can no longer be duplicated on the VLZ620.

One question that comes to mind is, can anyone confirm this behavior? I'm hoping that maybe the one I have is defective, and that sony really haven't changed what I considered to be a useful feature of the macro keys.

Thanks,
-Gary

Hosting Services by ipHouse