The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 77 made on Tuesday July 27, 2010 at 23:32
daveand
Long Time Member
January 2010
I have been waiting on this firmware release since they ruined the pronto with the last firmware release. Unfortunately, things got worse instead of better. Ever since Philips have added WPA support the whole thing has been a crock. The "experts" on this forum keep asking for the same information about wireless access point versions and firmware versions, but the simple fact is that Philips have wrecked the Pronto, and in the process have lost a loyal customer in me. I'm very frustrated with them. I have one last roll of the dice which is to try the open source firmware for the WAP54G. If that doesn't fix it, My TSU9600 and RFX9400 are going in the bin. I'll be replacing them with a Harmony remote and a Squeezebox remote. I'm just thoroughly fed up that my Pronto that had worked perfectly for a year and a half, stopped working when the firmware last December was released and hasn't worked since.

It is absolutely clear that Philips really don't care about customers, otherwise they would take this problem seriously.

Incidentally, at the moment I'm running a totally insecure wireless network, and I still get a stack of problems. I have all my other wireless devices on another wireless access point (on a different channel). The channel that has least interference (confirmed with a scanner) is reserved for the Pronto and NO other traffic runs over that access point (or ethernet segment for that matter) and still, well in excess of 50% of transmissions are lost between the TSU9600 and RFX9400. I have absolutely no problems with the stack of devices that are on the other wireless segment. That includes a squeezebox radio (perfectly happy streaming MP3s), 4 squeezebox remotes, a couple of laptops and a wireless printer. There is no problem with wireless reception in my apartment, it is just the complete crock TSU9600/RFX9400 that can't communicate across an empty channel and an empty ethernet segment.

Philips YOU SUCK.

If anyone else is thinking of getting a Philips Pronto and is reading this thread. Take my advice - spend your money somewhere else. Philips Pronto were once the best programmable remote on the market, they are now useless. Spend your money on something that works.

Signed,

A highly frustrated, ex Philips Customer, and ex Philips Installer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse