The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday July 24, 2010 at 23:26
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
That looks like a pretty efficient solution. I'll certainly consider it if my current efforts fail.

At this point, I'm kind of on a mission to see if there's a way to resolve this with just Nevo programming and hardware. I have Nevo video and voltage sensors, but I'm not using them here because Pioneer plasmas just don't seem to have an "out" that'll trigger either of them. There's an optical out, an IR repeater, L/R/Sub audio outs, something called "Control Out" (for which I've never seen any documentation), and the speaker terminals. That's it.
------

I'm really perplexed right now as to why my "experimental" IF macro is working at all, albeit unreliably. Here's what I'm sending to the TV in its standby state (I used PIP cause it's always off):

IF [PIP status] Pioneer 151FD returns [PIP OFF]
⇒THEN
.....Beep
⇒ELSE
.....Send [POWER ON] to Pioneer 151FD

With the TV in standby, it's not sending a response (I tested for that), so that should just halt the macro. And indeed, the first time I hit this button, I get nothing, exactly as you'd expect. But the 2nd or 3rd time, the TV powers on.

Any thoughts??? If I understood what's happening, I could hopefully use it in a more effective way.

Hosting Services by ipHouse