The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 16, 2010 at 23:47
mrl8zyboy
Long Time Member
January 2007
On July 16, 2010 at 01:33, Audible Solutions said...
I'll bite, even if the OP was cryptic.
DM-RMC100 that lose control--as in ability to generate ir or serial signals.
DM-RMC100 that fall off line and need to be rebooted.
DMC-HD-DSP that falls off line
DMC-HD-DSP that has strange down-mixing artifacts.
I've also seen handshake issues, particularly if you needed audio at the display. The handshake would sometimes fail. Reboot and all was well.

If one does not hard code EDID on input card and set cable box to single resolution you can expect even more failures--as in no picture on the display.

My list was with DM cable, though the issues with input cards ought not to matter how the output is distributed.  I've heard rumors of fiber issues but never heard any specifics.  Since we have 2 32x32 going in with fiber outputs to 24 zones, I'd love to hear the list catalogued.  Those that I have heard have all boiled down to poor fiber terminations.

I'd very much like to hear your list of hardware failures

Alan

Well here's the deal. We have three rooms and 6 sources. The rooms are around 300 feet away. We had 1080p Video and Surround sound but then I noticed that in one of the rooms there was a millisecond were the audio and video would skip. I called Crestron and after troubleshooting with them for a while we determine that there was something wrong with the chassis. We got a replacement and when we hooked it up we still had the problem and now I was getting nothing in one of the rooms. I called Crestron and they said they would replace the output card. We received the output card three weeks later and once I installed it we had no A/V in any of the rooms. Called Crestron and they are going to send one of their guys down here. Its has been a big PITA. I can't remember were I had this many problems in a simple job like this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse