The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday July 6, 2010 at 14:31
yardbird
July 2005
rlarsen462,
I just bought the MX-980 and received CCP ahead of the delivery of the remote. I have installed it into Win7 64-bit, both as a native install and into a virtual machine of Win7 Enterprise running on linux.

I installed the Windows Mobile Device Center Driver (for 64-bit) into both of those installations. I should have my remote at the end of the week. If you don't have this straightened out by then maybe I can help once I get mine and see which of the several pieces of advice I've found on here makes it work. :)

From the reading I've done on these forums it seems you should be using the driver from the mobile device center instead of the Vista 64-bit driver that shipped with CCP.

My #1 goal is obviously just to make it work so I'll try first in the native Win7 installation. My preferred route beyond that will be to have it working in the Win7 virtual machine inside linux as I really don't like booting to Windows any more. I have the option of installing a 32-bit version of Win7 into a virtual machine if needed, but would prefer not to go that way.
Panasonic TH42PX60U, Yamaha RX-V667, DirecTV HR24, Sony DVP-NC80V, URC MX-980, PSX-2

Hosting Services by ipHouse